There is a Yeti in the back of everyone’s mind; only the blessed are not haunted by it. ~ old sherpa saying

Monday, September 17, 2018

A Note in the Back of the Book: Thom Powell's Edges of Science

A few pages to the end of Thom Powell's excellent Edges of Science. I had set the book aside for a long time, not because I wasn't enjoying it, but just due to life. Work, etc.

I had forgotten that I wrote the following in the back of the book:

December 22, 2017

Last night, I dreamt I was in a lighted tunnel/cave -- narrow. The others with me refuse to go in with me. I come upon a barrier; I could have gotten around it if I really wanted to, but I had the distinct feeling -- the knowledge -- that beyond this point was Sasquatch Realm. I really shouldn't go any further. I was curious, as in awe, but not afraid. Yet I knew it really wouldn't be wise to continue. So I left.

When I finished writing the above dream in the back of the book, I turned back to where I left off. The first paragraph at page 121. Read to the bottom of the page, where Powell quotes researcher Toby Johnson who, Powell writes:

"Toby insists he still was not scared, but stricken by awe." (Thom Powell, Edges of Science, p 121.)
This in context of Johnson walking "right into something invisible but tangible."



No comments: