There is a Yeti in the back of everyone’s mind; only the blessed are not haunted by it. ~ old sherpa saying

Monday, February 7, 2022

Finds in the Files: Bigfoot's Strange Blood and Other Things

 I've been having fun going through the hundreds of books in our "book room." Over the years I've called it the Room of Doom, The Hell Room . . . Karyn Dolan  once suggested I call it the Room of Opportunity to change my response to the room. I used to go in there and just freak at the mess, the boxes, the sheer number of books. Overwhelmed. Once I literally fainted when I walked in there; I just couldn't. Deal. At. All. 

But some shift happened lately, thankfully. I've made a lot of progress and every day I go in there and work in the room. Actually, I think of it as play. I can't wait until I get to the point I can unleash my inner librarian and start organizing the books  -- all UFO, cryptid, paranormal and folklore related -- that I'm keeping. Not to mention the books of various genres (vintage sci-fi, westerns, detective, and being an X-Files nerd, X-Files ephemera.)

Found these gems today:


An article from a 1989 issue of FATE by Jon Erik Beckjord on "weird" Bigfoot blood.




Classic from Ivan T. Sanderson. Pyramid 1968



Great cover art from Grosset and Dunlap 1976 (copyright 1932)


No comments: