There is a Yeti in the back of everyone’s mind; only the blessed are not haunted by it. ~ old sherpa saying

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Rain and White Danskos

I'm at work. My recurring dreamscape of an elementary school that's also, in some ways, a small college on a woodsy campus. It's raining outside, but very pretty. Large open lawns and glistening green trees beyond. In one of the large and sunny (even though it's raining) classrooms, full of kids ages seven to twelve or so. Very informal, lots of students, probably around forty, and they're sprawled out, on the floor, etc. Very easy and casual. My supervisor invites one of the college teachers to come in and talk about Bigfoot. She's excited because she knows of my interest and research.

Well, he comes in, and he's a debunker. He not only is mocking but he's actually outright lying. One thing to disbelieve that Bigfoot exists, another to just lie about the research and make things up to get your point across. He has a chart he's made and all kinds of things but he's, simply, lying. He has the kids attention all right which annoys the hell out of me. I don't know what to say because I don't want to lose my job but on the other hand, he's lying. 

At the end I tell my supervisor he's a liar, and she says she knows, and I'll have a chance. But it doesn't come fast enough, I need to tell everyone now what the facts are. We all run outside, in the rain, for some reason. Something about having to leave the building. I, and many of the instructors, are wearing white -- some in white lab coats, or white pants, outfits. My shoes are patent leather white Danskos. (I have a pair of red patent leather ones.) I look down and think, in a lucid moment, "Wow, I don't think they really make white patent leather Danskos! I can't decide if they're really cool or very ugly. I should find out when I wake up."

So we're running around, slipping on the wet grass, in white, while I'm trying to give my presentation on Bigfoot.

One thing I realized about this dream is the water element. Another Bigfoot dream where there is water. What that means, no idea. But a recurring image in dreams is important.

No comments: