There is a Yeti in the back of everyone’s mind; only the blessed are not haunted by it. ~ old sherpa saying

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Blogsquatcher Gone

I was sad to find that The Blogsquatcher, D.B. Donlon's Bigfoot blog, one of the best BF blogs around, has called it quits. The blog is no longer up which is too bad. There was a lot of fascinating articles and comments there, particularly concerning the high strangeness aspects of BF encounters. Not many researchers seriously look into this area of Bigfoot, but Blogsquatcher wasn't afraid to do so. And he did so with intelligence and openness.

The reasons he gave are odd; I'm not being judgemental, but I mean odd in a general sense. No one can speak for another, and his reasons are his own. I do hope he returns to the field, but I also wish him well. If he feels like coming back to BF research, at least openly, is not his path, then so be it. I'll miss his contributions.

Here's a brief comment at Cullan Hudson's Strange State on Donlon's departure.

No comments: