There is a Yeti in the back of everyone’s mind; only the blessed are not haunted by it. ~ old sherpa saying

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bigfoot Dream

Had a dream I saw Bigfoot. The dream was all mixed up with work place stuff, home stuff; something about cleaning out an old storage/garage kind of structure with one of the new teachers where I work. This shed like thing was right next to my house. Behind both the shed and the house was where the woods started.

There was a crowd of people here, all helping to clean out this thing. Suddenly the teacher “yells’ but in a stage whisper: “Get back! Everyone get back!” and motions us with her arms outwards, while she’s stepping backwards. We all move back a little, and she points to the dark wooded area.

At first I see a couple of tall, black (in shadow) birds, like wild turkeys or pheasants. Then I see a Bigfoot; a tall, dark figure striding across, off to the right. I am amazed, and awed. I’m not frightened, but a bit nervous. After all, it’s a Bigfoot! A little respect here, please. It knows we’re all here, we’re all looking at it, but it doesn’t care. It just wants to get to where it’s going.

In this dream, I am so ecstatic over seeing such a creature. It’s unbelievable. No doubt at all, at all, that it was exactly what it was; a Bigfoot. It just was, end of story.

And in the dream, I had the thought that I was damn glad there were plenty of other witnesses, because if I had been alone and seen it, who’d have believed me? Here, about fifty people saw the creature.

I run onto my porch to see if I can follow the Bigfoot; sure enough, he comes around the back and down along the side. There’s a cyclone fence between the other side of my house and the Bigfoot. I watch him walk off, he disappears from sight as he walks between the houses across the street.

I’m so excited I run down the street a couple of blocks to the town, where there are buses, etc. I run around like a crazy person, asking everyone I see, “You saw it, didn’t you? I know you did, you were there!” and they say “Yes, we did, it’s true.”

Later, I go back to my porch to see if I can see Bigfoot again. I see him! I’m so damn excited; then realize, no, it’s not a Bigfoot, it’s a teenager in a hooded sweatshirt. He’s imitating Bigfoot! My first response is anger, how dare he pull off this hoax?! Then I realize, somehow “know” that he didn't’ hoax a thing, that was a real Bigfoot all right. This kid is just trying to protect Bigfoot by acting like him. Which doesn’t make sense, but it was a dream, after all, and dreams have their own logic.

I call out to the kid, good naturally, that I’m on to him. He turns and smiles sheepishly at me and hurries on.

No comments: