There is a Yeti in the back of everyone’s mind; only the blessed are not haunted by it. ~ old sherpa saying

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween Stupid Crap, Same Old, Same Old

I realize it was recently Halloween, but an unnamed blog that will also remain un-linked to, recently posted a "spooky" Halloween post about a female scientist being raped by Bigfoot. The obvious do-I-really-need-to-say-it response concerning misogyny, frat boy humor, etc. has been bewilderingly weak.  The one positive: I've deleted the blog from my reader which has cleaned things up a little.


1 comment:

Terry the Censor said...

> a female scientist being raped by Bigfoot.

Wow. That's not just inappropriate, it's certifiable.

I believe I tracked down the post. Here's an exchange in the comment section that takes it to a level of delusion:

Commentor: "just curious what your purpose is in printing this? if your intention was to have it as a research article may I ask what the subject is you are researching? If the purpose was humor may I ask exactly what you find funny about rape?"

Poster: "Ok you are banned."

--------

You can't even be angry at that, it is sooooooo pitiful. Is the poster in an asylum for the criminally insane? If so, why would a court allow him internet access? He shouldn't even be allowed to have a spoon -- he might sharpen it!