There is a Yeti in the back of everyone’s mind; only the blessed are not haunted by it. ~ old sherpa saying

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On Cryptomundo: Bigfoot to kill or not?

Once again the "kill or no kill" question concerning Bigfoot has been raised, this time on Cryptomundo. Lots of interesting comments. I feel very strongly about this, and so of course, had to comment myself.

I don't quite believe those who say they are operating under altruistic motives in maintaining their position of "we have to kill a BF in order to protect it." That sounds very presumptuous on my part, but I think it's a highly disingenuous thing to say. And for those that really do believe they believe that, I beg them to reconsider.

If protection isn't the reason, and killing a BF is simply the goal to prove it to science, well, no debate. I'm judgemental, adamant and stubborn on this -- no reason justifies killing (or capturing) a Sasquatch.

1 comment:

LesleyinNM said...

I totally agree and not just Bigfoot, but any cryptid. Aside from what you have said, we don't know the population of any "unknown creature" what if you ended up killing the only male or female left in that area or the entire world?